Utah Bigfoot Hunter Channel

Utah Bigfoot Hunter Channel
Hoyt Peak, Utah Casts

Saturday, October 11, 2014

C Canyon, Utah Encounter 05-04-2012

     On 05-07-2012, I received from Mr Phillip Jensen, an a-mail stating that he had a possible Bigfoot sighting while driving home from work. This is his story of what happened :

High Ron - 
     This is an account of my sighting of an unknown animal from May 2012. To date, the closest animal that I have seen that is close to what I saw, is the subject of the Patterso/Gimlin film from 1967. Here is my story : 
     On Friday May 4th, 2012, I left work at approximately 4:30 PM (MST) as usual. I was driving southbound on "C" canyon road at approximately 60 mph. The wind was blowing strongly that afternoon, so I slowed down. As I reached the stretch near mile post 9, I noticed at a distance, what I thought at first to be a dead tree. It was about the right size and color. I don't remember seeing a dead tree there before, so I kept looking. As I approached the figure, I realized that I couldn't see through the figure, as you would a normal tree. This thing was solid. As I got closer, I also realized that the form wasn't that of a tree, more like a gorilla sitting upright. That was my first impression. The shape was approximately correct, but the proportions were different. It did have a conical crown on its head and the trapezius muscles were enormous. They reminded me of a Cardassian's neck, from Star Trek. As I passed the animal, I noticed that the hair was blowing in the wind. The hair actually parted and I saw what I thought to be a pale pinkish skin, like a long-haired dog's skin, but lighter. I didn't see an undercoat, like on a long-haired dog. The hair was approximately six inches long. The animal was sitting next to a large rock that went just below the arm pits of the animal. It had shoulders and two arms hanging below. The animal was sitting or crouching. I then rounded a bend in the road and lost sight of the animal. I wasn't able to see it in my rear-view mirror, due to the direction of the turn. The closest that I got to the animal was approximately 60 - 70 feet feet. It was directly beyond a barbed wire fence on the west side of the road. my sighting lasted approximately 6 - 7 seconds. it took me a few moments for my brain to comprehend what I had just seen. my first instinct was that I had just seen a cinnamon-colored massive Gorilla, but my brain couldn't believe what my eyes were telling it. I have lived in this area most of my life and I have never seen anything like that before. 
     Later that evening, my wife and I returned to the area where I seen the animal. We searched all around and couldn't find any sign of it, no footprints or hair. Nothing. We left after about an hour of searching. 
     The following Monday, May 7th, I returned to the site after work to search again. In time, I found what could be a footprint, but it was severely degraded. I measured the rock by which the animal was sitting or crouched. The rock measures 4.0 to 4.5 feet. By my estimation, that makes the animal 6.0 to 6.5 feet to the crown of its head while sitting. When standing on two legs, I estimated, that it would be in the 8.0 to 8.5 foot range. I also found were three branches had been broken from a pinion and juniper tree and placed in a "C" formation below. I took some pictures, that I still have on my phone, but I don't know how to retrieve them. While I was looking at the "C" formation, I suddenly had the feeling that I was being watched. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I become very uneasy. That's when I heard a cow "moo" from some bushes approximately 75 to 100 yards away. What I find very peculiar about this is that I haven't seen any cows for several weeks. I honestly thought that they had moved to their summer ranges. Then I remembered something that I had read about Sasquatches imitating wildlife in the areas. I immediately gathered myself up and left. I didn't see what made the sound and I didn't see any cattle in the area, until the following Autumn.
     After my sighting, I spent a lot of time thinking about what I had seen. I tried to determine if I had misidentified a known animal. I picked up a book by the Audubon Society, that describes animals that are native to the area. I carefully considered each large mammal, to see if that is what I had seen. Nothing else matches the description. Then in July, I was watching a program were the Patterso/Gimlin film was shown. When the subject of the film turned its back to the camera and walks away, I jumped up from my chair and shouted " that's what I saw!!" and it was. The proportions were correct, but the color wasn't. The subject of the film most closely represents what I saw that day.      I have also had another possible recent sighting of the same animal that I haven't mentioned to you yet. It happened on 10-1602013. Again I was driving home from work down the same "C" canyon road. This time, I was further down the road, closer to hwy 123. I looked to my right and noticed what looked like a cinnamon-colored animal standing on two legs, trying to hide behind a tree, but the tree was much too small for him. Then I saw the face looking back at me. It was a face halfway between human and gorilla, in my opinion. It had a strong brow ridge and the eyes were lost in shadow. The nose was wide, but I could see where the nostrils were. The sighting was only a couple of seconds, so I didn't get as much detail as my first sighting. it may of been the same animal that I saw in 2012, or a completely different specimen. I'm not sure. I thought about turning around, but there isn't a safe place to turn around in that area and I didn't want to risk getting hit by a coal truck. I went back to look for evidence the following day. I did find what could be a track, but it was degraded to where the details were gone, but the general size and shape were correct. I haven't reported this to you or the BFRO, because I'm unsure about the exact location of the tree, where I was standing and it was such a brief sighting, lasting only 1 - 2 seconds. But I'm convinced that we have something roaming the Book Cliffs area, that closely resembles Sasquatch. Attached is a picture that I found on the Internet, that most closely resembles what I saw in October. 
     Both sightings happened at the same time of day, approximately 4:30 PM (MST). Both sighting were on the west side of "C" canyon road. The lighting was good for both sightings. In both sightings, the figure was massive. I can't think of any other that matches the description of what I saw in either sighting, except a Sasquatch. Its the only animal with the correct size, shape, color and mass of the animals that I saw. 
     Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else. 
Thanks
PJ Jensen

Ron Johnson
Kevin Allridge

No comments:

Post a Comment