Utah Bigfoot Hunter Channel

Utah Bigfoot Hunter Channel
Hoyt Peak, Utah Casts

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Finding Bigfoot

      I was recently on the show “Finding Bigfoot” which aired in July of 2014. This was the last show of the season. The town meeting was located at the Strater Hotel, Diamond Belle Saloon and let me tell you, it was standing room only. Being in the four corners area, they had a lot of area to cover in a two week period. This episode had Matt Moneymaker (New Mexico), Cliff Barackman (Arizona), Ranae Holland (Utah) and James Fay (Colorado), splitting up and each taking their separate state.
     How I ended up at the town meeting in Durango, CO was back in 2012, I started to receive many reports of eye witness accounts of a Sasquatch and reports of prints in the areas between Helper, Indian Canyon Summit and Lila Canyon to the east. This is primarily in the Book Cliffs of southeastern Utah, Carbon and Duchesne Counties, between the dates of 2010 – 2012. All in all, I have 18 reports of encounters and foot prints in this one triangle shaped area. We filed reports of our encounters with the B.F.R.O. and in November of 2013, I was contacted by Animal Planet about our reports we filed. I sent some of my reports (with their permission) to the producer for his evaluation. The producer of the show asked me to come to Durango, for the town meeting to describe my encounter.

     The town meeting was quite interesting, as not just anybody could attend it, you have to be invited. Absolutely, no photo’s taken at all during the meeting and all cell phones off. Anyone caught trying to take a picture, was immediately excused from the meeting and not allowed to tell their story or return. I can understand their protocol, as it was a mad house of people outside, trying to get in. After approximately 45 minutes of changing seating and lighting changes, the meeting started. We all had to be out of the Saloon at 10:00 PM sharp and I was the last person up to speak. There were so many people there with Sasquatch sightings to relay, that when it got around to my turn, I only had a few minutes left to describe it. Because of the time remaining, I had to hurry in telling my story and left out many details, but after the meeting, I got another chance to tell it in better detail to Cliff and Ranae. This was an exciting experience to be a part of and no matter what you might think; all four of them are very knowledgeable on the subject of Sasquatch. The assistant producer told me that they were planning another show for southeastern Utah at a later date and I was to be invited back. I can hardly wait.

Ron Johnson
Kevin Allridge



Ron Johnson and Cliff Barackman

No comments:

Post a Comment